[left sidebar content goes here]

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What services does the District provide to the Meridian Ranch community?
    While metropolitan districts can provide a wide array of services, the District provides water, wastewater, stormwater, streetlights, recreation, park and trails services that make Meridian Ranch such a unique community. The District is responsible for the construction and maintenance of primary community-wide improvements such as the water, sewer, storm drains, streetlights, recreational and park facilities, parkway landscaping, and some roads.

  • What is a Metropolitan District?
    A metropolitan district, like Meridian Service Metropolitan District, is a quasi-municipal corporation and political subdivision of the state of Colorado. It is one form of a special district. Metropolitan districts are established under Title 32 of the Colorado Revised Statutes. They are a limited power government; that is, they only have the powers granted to them by their service plan. With the District, the service plan is to provide the Meridian Ranch community with its water, wastewater services, parks, recreation, stormwater collection, and streetlights.

  • What does the District do with the monthly fees it collects?
    The monthly fees are used for the community's water supply, wastewater services, recreation, parks, trail maintenance, storm water system and street lighting. The cost is kept affordable because the District is a non-profit entity whose goal is to provide the residents of Meridian Ranch with the amenities and services they need.

  • Who are the people that govern the Meridian Service Metropolitan District (District)?
    During the build-out of the Meridian Ranch community, the board of directors of the District will consist of 5 representatives of the developer. As the community grows and reaches build-out, like all metro districts, the property owners will elect their own representative board of five members.

  • When does the District Board meet and are meetings open to the public?
    By Colorado state law, metropolitan district board meetings are open to the public. The District holds monthly meetings at the Meridian Ranch Community Center generally on the first Wednesday following the first Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am. See the meeting schedule for the latest updates.

  • Who manages the day-to-day operations of the District?

    The day-to-day management and operations of the District is the responsibility of the District's General Manager who is accountable to the Board of Directors. Since February 2021, the General Manager has been Jim Nikkel.

    Mr. Nikkel has over 35 years of experience with Special Districts including time spent in the private sector consulting to Special District's as well as working directly for Special Districts. During his career with Special Districts, Jim's responsibilities have included managing staffs with as many as 65 employees, developing and overseeing teams of subject matter experts for the design, federal permitting, and construction of Rueter-Hess Reservoir, a 75,000 ac.-ft. surface water storage project located southwest of Parker, Colorado.

    Additionally, Jim has managed the design and construction of a 2 million gallon per day (MGD) water reclamation plant, a 5 MGD water treatment plant, the drilling and equipping of 13 Denver Basin ground water wells and well houses as well as many miles of pipelines. Jim also brings with him experience in managing open spaces, parks, and recreational facilities including experience in water conservation programs for both residents as well as District facilities.

  • Is there a homeowners' association (HOA) in Meridian Ranch?
    Stonebridge is governed by a homeowners' association. However, the rest of the Meridian Ranch community is governed by Conditions, Covenants, and Restrictions (CC & R's), which are enforced by Design Review Councils.

  • What is the mill levy (property tax) imposed by the Meridian Service Metropolitan District?
    Like all metropolitan districts, the District receives property taxes from the homeowners within its boundaries of service. This mill levy (property tax) is to fund the bonded indebtedness that the District incurred to finance the water and wastewater (sewer) infrastructure, streets, landscaping improvements, the recreational facility, trail systems and neighborhood parks to pay for their ongoing operation and maintenance of the District's facilities. You can find the property taxes you pay to the District by going to the El Paso County assessor's website.

  • What is the school district for Meridian Ranch?
    Meridian Ranch is located in Falcon School District 49, providing education for K-12 students. For information on District 49, call 719.495.3601 or log on to their website, www.d49.org. Meridian Ranch Elementary serves Pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade and is located on Rainbow Bridge Drive north of Londonderry Drive. Falcon Middle School serves 6th through 8th grade and is located west of Meridian Road at 9755 Towner Avenue in Falcon Hills. Falcon High School in Meridian Ranch is located off Eastonville Road, north of Londonderry Drive.

  • What do we get for our monthly fees?
    The monthly fees imposed by the District cover many services, including water, sewer, stormwater, street lighting, recreational facilities' maintenance, and fees for the maintenance of parks, open space, trails, parkways, and entry and neighborhood monument signs. See the fee schedule.

  • Can fees be increased?
    Yes, the Board of Directors of the District can vote to increase fees. It's important to know that the District's Board will only increase fees if necessary and they will be to cover cost increases or new services requested by the residents of the community.

  • Can I attend a Board Meeting?
    Yes, all Board meetings are open to the public and are held at the Meridian Ranch recreation center the Wednesday that follows the first Tuesday of the month at 10:00am. See the meeting schedule for the latest updates.

  • Who provides trash pickup services?
    Meridian Ranch residents must contract with a trash disposal company, as trash pickup is not a service that the District provides. Trash cans should be returned to the garage area after pick up.

  • Who provides gas, electric, telephone, and cable television services to the Meridian Ranch community?
    The District does not provide gas, electric, telephone, and/or cable television services to the Meridian Ranch community. You can receive these services by contacting the following businesses:
    • Gas: Black Hills Energy, 1-888-890-5554
    • Electricity: Mountain View Electric, 1-800-388-9881 or 719-495-2283
    • Telephone/Internet service: CenturyLink, 1-855-448-3682 during the hours of 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
    • Cable TV/Internet Service: Xfinity, 1-800-266-2278

  • Who provides the Meridian Ranch community with police protection?
    The El Paso County Sheriff's Department provides the Meridian Ranch police protection. In case of emergency, you should call 911 and you will be directed to them.

  • Who provides the Meridian Ranch community with fire protection?
    The Falcon Fire Department provides fire protection. A brand new fire station has been constructed one block south of Meridian Ranch at 12072 Royal County Downs Rd.

  • Who maintains the roads and removes the snow in Meridian Ranch?
    El Paso County is responsible for road maintenance and snow removal. The residents are responsible for removing snow from their driveways and all sidewalks adjacent to their homes. The District is responsible for maintenance of trails and removal of snow on the paved hiking and biking trails.

  • Why are there two special districts (Meridian Ranch Metropolitan District and Meridian Service Metropolitan District) for the Meridian Ranch development?
    It is actually quite common to form two Districts when developing a large master-planned community like Meridian Ranch. In this case the two Districts are for financing and providing services to the community. By having two Districts, the property owners can be assured that the development, as it was master planned, can provide the levels of service desired throughout the community. In Meridian Ranch, the Meridian Service Metropolitan District is the "Service District." The Service District, provides water, wastewater services, storm drainage, street lighting, parks and recreation services to the community. Meridian Ranch Metropolitan District is the "Financing District." It contains almost all of the property within the development and uses a limited property tax to pay for the infrastructure and amenities within the community.

[Back to Top]
  • Where does our water come from?
    The Meridian Ranch community gets its water from wells (groundwater). There are 15 on-site and 6 off-site wells serving the community. These wells are in the Denver basin aquifer, which consist of the Dawson, Denver, Arapahoe, and Laramie Fox Hills aquifers as well as two in the Upper Black Squirrel Alluvium. From there, the raw water is piped to the community through almost 94,000 feet of pipe. That's about 18 miles of pipes.

  • Who is responsible for our water services?
    The Meridian Service Metropolitan District is responsible for all the water services to the Meridian Ranch community. It provides the water treatment, wastewater services, and stormwater management to the community 24/7, 365 days a year.

  • How do I read my water meter to detect a water leak?
    First, locate your meter (the meters are in the basement). Make a note of the meter reading. If the water flow indicator is moving, there is water moving through the meter. That means water is being used within the home. Now turn off all your water fixtures in and around your home, and don't use any water for an hour. Then go back and check the reading on the meter, if it has changed, you have a leak or leaks!

  • How will a leak(s) affect how much we pay for our water?
    It's important to know that the water you are billed for is based on what your water meter reads. That means a leak will raise the cost of the homeowner's water bill.
    • A 1/32” drip can waste 6,166 gallons per month.
    • A 1/16” trickle can waste 24,666 gallons per month.
    • A 1/8” stream can waste 98,666 gallons per month.
    • A 1/4” stream can waste 393,833 gallons per month.

  • What if I notice standing/flowing water at my neighbor's home or in the park?
    Often outdoor water leaks go unnoticed by a homeowner for days. But, if they don't know about a leak, they can't fix it. If you notice excessive running/standing water at someone's home or any community area, please contact the District with the location, time and date that you noticed the leak. It's important to know that water usage is billed based on what your meter reads. So, your help with this - helps us all save water and money.

  • How deep are the wells where our water comes from?
    Currently the District gets the community's water from wells as deep as 2,600 feet and as shallow as 150 feet from the surface.

  • What water facilities (infrastructure) does the District own?
    Currently the District has 21 water wells, water storage tanks (tank farm), a water treatment facility, a wastewater treatment facility, and over 22 miles of water system pipes, and over 600 fire hydrants.

  • What's the difference between groundwater versus surface water?
    Think of it this way: If the water comes from beneath the ground it is referred to as being groundwater. So, in the case of Meridian Ranch, where we get our water from wells, it's considered to be ‘groundwater.’ If however, the water comes from above ground (lakes, rivers, rains, snow runoff), it is called ‘surface’ water. Currently all of the District's water is groundwater, but we are pursuing surface water rights to the water that naturally flows through the Meridian Ranch Community.

  • What type of water purification ensures our water quality?
    While well water (groundwater) requires very little treatment, it naturally contains iron and manganese. The water not only meets or exceeds Colorado's water quality, but the District also removes the iron and manganese to keep your water running clear and pure. That's why the water is treated in a series of multi-media pressure filters.

  • What are our water rates?
    The District's water rates (based on an average household) are calculated on a graduated scale, what are called tiers. Basically the more water a household uses, the more they pay per thousands of gallons. By using tiered-rates, the average household doesn't pay the incremental costs for those homes (very few) that use more than their fair share of water. If, however, a household uses over 30,000 gallons of water in one month, their water rate will be comparably higher per thousands of gallons they use over 30,001. It's important to know that, on average, a family of four uses about 5,000 gallons of water in a month. Please see our tier structure.

  • Do we have the water we need in case of a fire?
    Yes, the District can treat up to 900 gallons of water per minute (1,296,00 gallons per day), has over 600 operating fire hydrants, and can supply the water for up to 4,320 homes. The Falcon Fire Department provides fire protection to the Meridian Ranch community and the fire station is located one block south of Meridian Ranch, at 12072 Royal County Downs Rd.

  • Does the District have the ability to store water?
    Yes, the District has tank farms for water storage. The tanks can store up to 4,100,000 gallons of water with room at the tank farm for one more tank to be built to accommodate the water storage needs of Meridian Ranch's planned growth. Think piggy bank.

  • Where does the City of Colorado Springs get water for its customers?
    Colorado Springs water utility gets most of their water from surface water through snowmelt.

  • Can we tour the District's water and wastewater facilities?
    Yes, if you would like to tour the District's facilities (infrastructure) please contact us at info@meridianservice.org.

  • What is a Consumer Confidence Report (CCR)?
    The CCR is an annual water quality report that all community water systems are required to provide. It is based on the 1996 Amendments to the Safe Drinking Water Act and the right-to-know provisions of that Act. Each customer of the Meridian Service Metropolitan District (MSMD) has the opportunity to review it annually. The CCR helps them to make informed choices about the water they drink. The report lets the customers of MSMD know what contaminants, if any, are in their drinking water, and how these contaminants may affect their health. Be assured that the water MSMD provides the community continues to meet and/or exceed all water quality standards.

  • Why would a current CCR contain results from a previous calendar year?
    The reason for the report containing results from the previous year is based on the sampling requirements from the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE), along with the EPA. Some of those sampling requirements occur each month and others occur at different times of the year based on water usage and when a contaminate may be more likely to be found in the water. So in order to provide a complete CCR report for the entire year, along with providing sufficient time for the public water systems to prepare the report, the CDPHE allows six months for the water provider to prepare and distribute the report to its customers.

  • When are the CCRs made available to the Meridian Ranch community?
    Every community water system is required by Federal law to provide its customers with a water quality report, also known as a Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) by July 1st of each year. This report lists the regulated contaminants, if any, for that year's sampling requirements. The results, along with the Safe Drinking Water Maximum allowable level, are always on the CCR report that you receive. All of the water quality tests during that year's sample period will be reported on the CCR, which include results from the previous year. Thus, the current CCR will be dated from the previous year.

  • Does the annual water quality report indicate we have quality water?
    Yes, you can be assured that MSMD continues to meet and/or exceed all State and Federal water quality standards as set forth by the 1996 Safe Drinking Water Act and any other subsequent revisions. See for yourself by reviewing all the CCRs since MSMD began purifying the community's water. Our goal is to provide the safest drinking water to the public that is affordable and dependable.

[Back to Top]
  • What recreational facilities are available?
    The Meridian Ranch Recreation Center is owned by the District and is located at the corner of Londonderry Drive and Angeles Road. It includes a fitness/aerobics center, activity rooms, indoor gymnasium, outdoor swimming pool, and an indoor swimming pool. The indoor pool features a children's splash area, slide, lap lanes, lazy river, lily pads, and an ADA pool lift chair. The outdoor pool features a slide, graduated-sloped bottom, children's area and lap lanes.

  • Who can use the recreational facilities?
    All Meridian Ranch homeowners and their families are eligible to use the Meridian Ranch recreational facilities. Guests can also use the facilities when escorted by a Meridian Ranch resident. A limited number of guest passes are permitted per year per household. Please visit the recreation center or call 719.495.7119 for details. Non-resident monthly membership use of the facilities and programs is on a space available basis and requires the payment of out-of-district fees as established from time to time.

  • Why are non-residents allowed to participate in fee-based programs?
    Allowing non-residents to participate in fee-based programs helps cover the costs associated with offering such programs and increases the number of participants that provides for a better experience for our residents (i.e. having enough participants to make sports teams). Residents are allowed to register for fee-based programs several weeks prior to non-residents. Additionally, non-residents are charged a higher fee than the resident rate.

  • Can Meridian Ranch residents use the Woodmen Hills Recreation Center, and vice versa?
    A separate metropolitan district owns each recreation center. Residents of each community pay the park and recreation fee to the district in which they reside. Therefore, they do not have resident privileges to use both facilities. However, because Meridian Ranch and Woodmen Hills provide fee-based programs at both facilities, residents of both communities pay the resident price for these fee-based programs regardless of which recreation center is offering the program.

  • Who do I contact if exercise equipment needs repair?
    If you find that a piece of equipment needs service, please notify the on-site staff immediately and they will schedule the repair with the equipment contractor.

  • Who makes the policies, procedures and rules for the Recreation Center?
    All policies, procedures and rules for the facility are decided by the District's Board of Directors. Most of the standards in place are for the safety and protection of residents, guests, staff, and program participants. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any facility and/or program, policies, procedures, or rules please direct your question to the staff.

  • Who is responsible for the recreation center's repairs, improvements and landscape?
    The District manages all major facility repairs, improvements, and landscaping. As the management for the recreation center, the recreation center staff addresses the day-to-day maintenance issues such as facility cleanliness, touch-up paint, pool chemical maintenance, clogged toilets and lighting. If you identify a problem, please notify a staff member and he/she will either take care of the issue or notify the District.

  • Who determines the days and times of the operations of the recreation center?
    The Districts' Board of Directors (with resident input) determines when the recreation center is open for business. The days and times of operation are based on the recreation center's utilization.

  • Who is responsible for distributing information regarding the Recreation Center to the residents of Meridian Ranch?
    Meridian Service Metropolitan District provides Recreation Center usage, and program information, through residents "Member Portal." This member portal can be accessed at MeridianRanch.clubautomation.com. There is also facility and program flyers located at the Recreation Center. For more information regarding recreation programs, contact the Rec Center at 719.495.7119.

  • Are there parks within the community?
    The community includes trail systems, parkways and eight neighborhood parks: The Greens Park, Fairway Heights Park, Double Eagle Park, Stonebridge Park, Longview Park, The Vistas Park, WindingWalk Park, and Rolling Hills Ranch Park.

[Back to Top]
  • Does the District handle our homeowner landscaping guidelines or covenants?
    No, all guidelines related to landscaping and covenants for homeowners are handled by the Warren Management Group. It's important to know that the District does provide the landscaping and maintenance of the common areas in Meridian Ranch, but that it is not involved in residential property owner covenant guidelines.

  • How do I get a copy of our covenants?
    You can download the Meridian Ranch landscaping covenants here.

  • Is there a charge for my initial landscaping design?
    While there is not a charge for original landscape design review, a nominal fee will be charged for subsequent design reviews to include playground equipment, storage facilities, change of paint color, etc.

  • How are the Community Covenants & Restrictions enforced?
    The Design Review Councils are independent non-profit corporations and are funded by a current annual fee of $115.00 paid by each resident.

  • How do I contact the Design Review Council?
    First, note there are two, so it depends on where you live. Consult the boundary map. If you live within the coverage area of Design Council No. 1, call: 719.685.8727. If you live within the coverage area of Design Council No. 2, call: 719.685.8728. View the DRC website.

  • Are there parks within the community?
    The community includes trail systems, parkways and neighborhood parks. Seven neighborhood parks, The Greens Park, Fairway Heights Park, Double Eagle Park, Stonebridge Park, Longview Park, The Vistas Park and WindingWalk Park are completed and ready for use.

[Back to Top]
  • How is the award-winning Antler Creek Golf Course associated with Meridian Ranch?
    While the Antler Creek Golf Course is a privately owned and operated 18-hole golf course, it was built in conjunction with the Meridian Ranch community.

  • How do I find out more about the Antler Creek Golf Course?
    Open daily to the public, the dunes style course offers from 5,393 to over 8,000 yards of play, a full service pro-shop and restaurant. For additional information on Antler Creek Golf Course and CreekView Grill, visit www.AntlerCreekGolf.com or call 719.494.1900.

  • Is there a restaurant at the Antler Creek Golf Course?
    Yes, the CreekView Grill is a full-service restaurant open to the public. You can learn more by visiting the CreekView Grill.

  • Can I book my special occasion or event at the CreekView Grill?
    Yes, the CreekView Grill is available for your special occasion or event and seats up to 120 people. Learn more by visiting the CreekView Grill.

  • How do I contact the CreekView Grill for reservations?
    For Reservations at the CreekView Grill, please call 719-494-1900 ext. 2

[Back to Top]
  • Does stormwater flow through the same pipes as wastewater?
    No. Stormwater flows directly into the creeks, rivers, and lakes without the benefit of treatment. Wastewater, however, is piped from the household directly to the wastewater treatment plant. For more on stormwater, visit www.OneThingIsClear.org.

  • Can paint, solvents, and used motor oil be safely disposed of into a stormwater system?
    No. Only rainwater should be entering the stormwater system. Anything else could be considered an illicit discharge and a violation of local, state, and federal laws. Check with the El Paso County Health Department for more information on how to properly dispose of hazardous chemicals.

  • Are grass clippings, garden trimmings, and fallen leaves a source of water pollution?
    Yes. These items generally contain a high percentage of fertilizers and chemicals, which impacts the quality of water. Organic materials, such as grass clippings, deplete the oxygen level in the water, which is harmful to aquatic life. Yard waste can clog the storm drain system and cause flooding of neighborhood streets. Sweeping yard waste into the street or storm inlet could be considered an illicit discharge and a violation of local, state, and federal laws.

  • Do storm drain inlets remove pollutants?
    No. Storm drain inlets, the metal grate and/or curb opening that allow surface water to enter the stormwater drainage system, are connected directly to storm pipes that flow straight into our creeks, rivers, and lakes.

[Back to Top]
  • Does all of our household wastewater flow directly to a wastewater treatment plant?
    Yes, all of the wastewater from your home is piped directly to the District's wastewater treatment plant. Once it reaches the plant, the solids are removed and the water goes through an extensive treatment process to allow the water to be put back into the environment.

  • How can we avoid having our toilet get clogged?
    The best way to avoid having to deal with a clogged toilet is to watch what you flush down the drain. First, never flush heavy paper products down the drain (this includes paper towels and tissues). Excess paper can clog the toilet and/or the whole sewer system. Make sure that any product you flush is specifically designed to disintegrate in water and is safe for plumbing systems and septic tanks. Also, take it easy on the toilet paper. Flushing large amounts can certainly lead to clogs. And lastly, while it can be fun to watch toys flush down the toilet, be sure to teach your children why that's never a good thing.

  • When should a plumber be called?
    You should call a plumber if you you notice that wastewater (sewer) is backing up into the other drains in your home when you flush the toilet. If you cannot unplug the toilet, it indicates the problem is probably located in the main line of your home's wastewater pipeline. If the toilet is on the verge of overflowing – turn off the water and then call a plumber.

  • Who maintains and repairs the waste (sewer) water pipelines?
    That depends. The responsibility for repair and maintenance of the wastewater pipes (sewer lines) belongs to the property (home) owners. That's why it's important to keep your wastewater pipeline operating properly by not flushing down chemicals, plastics, or objects. The Meridian Service Metro District, however, is responsible for the repairs, maintenance, and structural integrity of the wastewater pipes from the easement or right-of-way of the residential properties to the wastewater treatment plant.

  • What if I have sewer odor in my house?
    Often, in our dry climate, when a sink or shower drain isn't used, it dries out and allows the odor to pass into the home. By keeping water in the U-joint (trap) of (sinks, tubs, shower), it can prevent odors from backing up and re-entering your home. If you have an odor in your home coming from a drain, you might try running fresh water into them. If this does not cure the problem, check the toilet and make sure its firmly attached to the floor and the wax seal around the toilet isn't broken or damaged. If this does not work call a plumber immediately. Sewer (wastewater) gas can be harmful to human health if it isn't ventilated.

  • What is a "clean-out"?
    A clean-out is an access point to the pipeline that carries wastewater from your home. It is a white PVC pipe with a cap in order to be able to clean and maintain the wastewater pipeline. The clean-out may be used by MSMD to camera or identify a problem area on the right-of-way or easement. Please note that it is the responsibility of the property owner to keep all clean-outs in good working condition and water-tight.

  • What should I do if I see waste (sewer) water coming out of the ground or from a manhole?
    Stay away from the water and call MSMD immediately to report the problem.

  • Where does the waste (sewer) water go?
    All of the Meridian Ranch community's wastewater is piped to the Black Squirrel Reclamation Facility which was built in cooperation with the Cherokee Metropolitan District.

[Back to Top]
  • FAQs: Water Usage Fees

  • What is the monthly Water Resource Fee?
    The Water Resource Fee is to help financially secure the community's future water supply. Like many water providers in Colorado, MSMD collects a water resource fee to enable it to purchase additional raw water as the community grows.

  • What is the Water Use Fee?
    The monthly Water Use Fee is for the operational costs of water storage, treatment, and supply. Unlike most water districts, it also includes the first tier of water.

  • Why do we have Tiered Water Rates?
    The District's water rates (based on an average household) are calculated on a graduated scale, what are called tiers. Basically, the more water a household uses, the more they pay per thousands of gallons. By using tiered rates, the average household doesn't pay the incremental costs for those homes (very few) that use more than their fair share of water.

  • Why are the higher tiers more expensive (per thousand gallons) than the lower tiers?
    Residential use at high levels generally indicates water is being consumed in unusually high amounts, beyond what is normally required for household use, even for a larger family. These high levels of consumption cost the District more to purchase, store, treat, maintain facilities and distribute so these costs incurred at the higher tiers are passed onto the households that use the most water.

  • Sewer Wastewater Rates

  • Why is there a monthly fee for residential sewer (wastewater) treatment?
    The fee for wastewater treatment is used for the collection and purification of all the water that flows from households. It is the water that flows from your drains and toilets that must be treated in order for it to be recirculated into the environment safely. This is a set monthly fee.

  • Recreation Fee

  • Why is there a fee to maintain the recreational amenities in Meridian Ranch?
    There is a monthly fee of to cover the maintenance of all Parks, Recreation, Open Space, Trails, Entry Features and Drainage facilities. This fee also includes usage of the Meridian Ranch Recreation Center by anyone living in Meridian Ranch.

  • Street Lighting Fee

  • Why is there a fee for maintaining the community's street lights?
    The Street Lighting Maintenance Fee (Per Household) is to ensure that street lights are maintained and operating properly.

  • General Billing FAQs

    How do I address and send a MSMD payment check or money order?

    Please make checks and money orders payable to the Meridian Service Metropolitan District (MSMD) and mail them to: MSMD, 7995 E. Prentice Ave. Suite 103E Greenwood Village, CO 80111.

  • What if I have questions about my bill?
    For any billing questions, please contact the District's billing company: Community Resource Services at their Denver number: 303-381-4960 or Meridian Ranch number: 719-495-5152. You can also email the District at: billing@crsofcolorado.com.

  • Can I drop off my payment?
    Yes, you can drop off your payment at the MSMD office at 11886 Stapleton Dr, Peyton, CO 80831, in The Shops at Meridian Ranch. We accept only checks or money orders at this location. For other payment methods please pay online or mail your payment.

  • Can I pay my bill online?
    Yes, you can pay your bill online here.

  • Is there an automatic payment available?
    Yes, you can automatically pay your MSMD bill via a monthly draft from your bank account. Contact the District office at 303-381-4960 for the form or download it from the water billing page.

  • What do I do if my services are interrupted for nonpayment?
    If an account becomes past due and no payment or arrangement for payment is made, a “Shut-Off Notice” is mailed to the customer and water service is terminated with no additional notification. If you receive a “Shut-Off Notice”, please contact the District immediately. If the water is shut-off, the account must be paid in full prior to reconnection of services.

  • When is an account considered past due?
    Payment for the month prior is due by the 25th of the following month. Accounts that remain unpaid after the following month's 25th date are assessed a late fee.

  • Why is there a fee to “shut off” the water?
    When an account is past due, and there has been no arrangement for payment, the water is shut off. The water service shut-off fee is charged, per occurrence, to have the water turned back on. That's why it is important to contact the District immediately should your account become past due.

  • Why is there a fee to “turn on” the water service?
    There is a fee, per occurrence, to turn on the water service because a District operator must physically turn the water service back on.

  • Why is there a fee for delinquent payments?
    Just like any other utility, delinquent payments incur a late fee. The fee is assessed every time the account is not paid when it is due.

  • Why is there a fee for a returned check?
    The District charges a fee for every returned check to cover the administrative and bank costs it incurs from bad checks.

  • Is there a fee to transfer account service?
    There is a per occurrence fee to transfer accounts for payment purposes to cover the District's administrative costs.

  • What is meter tampering and why is the fine so high?
    Meter tampering includes any altering, relocating or willfully damaging or bypassing a water meter. It is a criminal offense to tamper with water meters. Any person caught meter tampering will be charged with a “Meter Tampering Penalty” fee, a cost to re-establish the water service, and must pay to repair any damages it caused.

[Back to Top]
Recreation Center Antler Creek Golf Course About the Developement Billing & Rates Pay Bill Online Design Review Committee Stonebridge HOA Kid's Page Water

See our facebook page
Visit us on facebook

Board of Directors Meetings

The Board of Directors for the Meridian Ranch Metropolitan District, along with the Meridian Service Metropolitan District meets monthly on the first Wednesday of the month following the first Tuesday of the month. The meetings start at 10:00 Am and are held at 10301 Angeles Road.

See the current board meeting schedule for any changes to the meeting date, time, or place. Meeting information will also be posted at the recreation center.

CI LOGO Copyright 2003-22 Captain Innovations, Inc. Web Design